MOABS: A Bear-Sized Breakfast Sandwich ( W Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
A couple years ago I ran across a thread by our good friend Bearcarver Bearcarver showcasing one of his perfectly detailed threads on making dried beef. I ate the stuff regularly as a child and just loved it. Seeing that post, a love affair was reborn :emoji_wink: Of course I had to make a batch and since then, I've never run out. It is a staple in our freezer at all times. Was getting low though so made a batch a few weeks ago and got it smoked last weekend. As I was slicing it to vac seal I realized that I'd not eaten breakfast yet and was getting really hungry. Kept a good sized stack of the stuff to the side to make a breakfast sammie. This turned into what I dubbed MOABS (Mother Of All Breakfast Sandwiches).

Start with the dried beef. Love the color on this stuff!!
002.jpg

10 slices into the electric skillet to warm up. Remember, this is already cooked so only warm it
003.jpg

Two slices of soft crust Texas Toast lightly toasted and an abundance of butter added
004.jpg

A slice of Vermont white extra sharp cheddar on each piece of toast
005.jpg

Five slices of the warmed dried beef on each piece of toast
006.jpg

One egg fried, yolk broken
007.jpg

There ya have it: the MOABS
008.jpg

This thing was a monster. It was almost 3" thick and made for one heck of a breakfast. I wound up sharing some with the puppy :emoji_wink: Apparently my imagination was bigger than my belly because it was more than I'd bargained for, but it sure was good!!

Thanks for dropping in. Now I gotta go make Saturday morning breakfast for Tracy

Robert

Awesome!!
I'd be all over that Sammy!!
Even made the eggs the way I make them for a Sammy. (I don't need runny yolk dripping off my elbows!!)
Excellent Job, Robert!
Like.

Bear

Looks great Robert! At first look I thought it was a post by bear...I was wrong! Now I know what I'm having for breakfast or brunch

Thanks for the idea
Ryan

That’s a killer looking sandwich, Robert!

I think that would hold me over until dinner time. You could call it the brunch breaker too.

Looks great . Love the dried beef , and yup eggs fried hard on a sandwich for me too .

Robert, that's a heck of a sammie! Meat to bread ratio is just how I like it! Nap time after that meal for sure!

Nice job Robert, that makes me hungry, Like! I don't get to have toast or bacon for a week, I better see what I can dig up in the fridge for brekky. RAY

A couple years ago I ran across a thread by our good friend Bearcarver Bearcarver showcasing one of his perfectly detailed threads on making dried beef. I ate the stuff regularly as a child and just loved it. Seeing that post, a love affair was reborn :emoji_wink: Of course I had to make a batch and since then, I've never run out. It is a staple in our freezer at all times. Was getting low though so made a batch a few weeks ago and got it smoked last weekend. As I was slicing it to vac seal I realized that I'd not eaten breakfast yet and was getting really hungry. Kept a good sized stack of the stuff to the side to make a breakfast sammie. This turned into what I dubbed MOABS (Mother Of All Breakfast Sandwiches).

Robert

Hey Robert,
Can't do it any more, but below is what a Bear Sized "MOABS" used to look like!!
4 different kinds of Smoked Bacon in one Sammy!
Link:
BCBBBBCTBLT

Bear

Last edited:
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Hey Robert,
Can't do it any more, but below is what a Bear Sized "MOABS" used to look like!!
4 different kinds of Smoked Bacon in one Sammy!
Link:
BCBBBBCTBLT

Bear.... I make no secrets about the respect I have for you and your contributions to this forum. The dried beef was absolutely inspired by you but for you to chime in with this link is EXACTLY what I was hoping for. I'd never seen this but I really hoped you'd come along and expand on what I'd made. Thank you sir!! No question, I love this dried beef and will certainly be making that 17 layer sammie you posted :emoji_laughing:

Ya gotta love da Bear!!
Robert

Looks fantastic Robert!
I'd try to eat the whole thing, but I bet I couldn't either!
I'd probably just split it with my wife!
Al

And the credit goes to Robert, thanks for the idea! Just not as much meat but still tasty.

20200222_110318.jpg

Was served with a side of aujus that I reheated the meat in.

Thanks again
Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky