MMMMM… Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Well decided to experiment in bacon making. Had two coppa roast taking up space in the freezer. I had a wellness benefit from work that paid out a $150 incentive. So I used it to buy a slicer, Prague #1, and a electric scale Off Amazon.
94AB6EA5-F11F-48E5-9DEF-FF0B8153669B.jpeg

Coppa roast a little over 2 pounds each sliced in half long ways.
E9DDDCC3-1DD3-4E2D-9446-7C9CF74D9354.jpeg
each piece weighed out in grams with the needed amounts of cure ingredients written down. Double checked each weight. I used the Digging Dog calculator recommended on here.
5A1A590A-39D8-4BDE-8D45-F04CC6CF80E3.jpeg
scale I bought. You know it amazed me how little a gram is. Got ‘em all coated up and into ziplock bags for a two week nap in the fridge. Gonna give them a twice daily massage and turn. We’ll see how it turns out.
thanks for looking.
Jim

I'm with BigW... I bet you're gonna be feeling great once your bacon is done!

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
Good Start! Everyone, here, knows that Cure #1 and 12+ Hours of Cold Smoke, Neutralizes the Cholesterol s ability to attach itself to Arteries...And...Fat Calories fall to 1 each per Kilogram Raw Weight. So, you are basically eating pure Healthy Protein only.😁...JJ

Good Start! Everyone, here, knows that Cure #1 and 12+ Hours of Cold Smoke, Neutralizes the Cholesterol s ability to attach itself to Arteries...And...Fat Calories fall to 1 each per Kilogram Raw Weight. So, you are basically eating pure Healthy Protein only.😁...JJ

Geez JJ, I didn’t know that. I’m going to eat more bacon!!
Good luck with the bacon, Jim!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky