• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

MMMMM… Bacon

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Well decided to experiment in bacon making. Had two coppa roast taking up space in the freezer. I had a wellness benefit from work that paid out a $150 incentive. So I used it to buy a slicer, Prague #1, and a electric scale Off Amazon.
94AB6EA5-F11F-48E5-9DEF-FF0B8153669B.jpeg

Coppa roast a little over 2 pounds each sliced in half long ways.
E9DDDCC3-1DD3-4E2D-9446-7C9CF74D9354.jpeg
each piece weighed out in grams with the needed amounts of cure ingredients written down. Double checked each weight. I used the Digging Dog calculator recommended on here.
5A1A590A-39D8-4BDE-8D45-F04CC6CF80E3.jpeg
scale I bought. You know it amazed me how little a gram is. Got ‘em all coated up and into ziplock bags for a two week nap in the fridge. Gonna give them a twice daily massage and turn. We’ll see how it turns out.
thanks for looking.
Jim

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
Looks like your off to a good start, going to be some good stuff.

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Everything thing looks good to me. Now for the hardest part of making bacon,,,,,,,The Wait.

sawhorseray

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
You have a plan and are off and running Jim, bet it turns out great! RAY

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
I'm with BigW... I bet you're gonna be feeling great once your bacon is done!

Ryan

chef jimmyj

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Good Start! Everyone, here, knows that Cure #1 and 12+ Hours of Cold Smoke, Neutralizes the Cholesterol s ability to attach itself to Arteries...And...Fat Calories fall to 1 each per Kilogram Raw Weight. So, you are basically eating pure Healthy Protein only.😁...JJ

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Good Start! Everyone, here, knows that Cure #1 and 12+ Hours of Cold Smoke, Neutralizes the Cholesterol s ability to attach itself to Arteries...And...Fat Calories fall to 1 each per Kilogram Raw Weight. So, you are basically eating pure Healthy Protein only.😁...JJ
Geez JJ, I didn’t know that. I’m going to eat more bacon!!
Good luck with the bacon, Jim!
Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.