mmaddoggy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mmaddoggy

Original poster
Mar 26, 2014
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Hi everyone, I am excited to find a forum that has so much information on smoking. I am 65 yrs of age and retired. I am raising my 9 yr. old grandson until he is 18, God willing. I have been married to my wonderful wife for 37 yrs. I consider my self very fortunate for having my wife (Pam). She owns a Pawn Shop in Moore Oklahoma ( Cash Now Pawn ). I use a Master Built electric smoker with time and temp control and glass door. This unit is good for smoking anytime but especially good for bad weather smoking. I have had this unit about 4 years with out any problems. Could use a bigger wood chip tray. I use a Char Griller 5050 with side fire box for smoking and a propane grill for grilling, I have had this unit for 6 yrs. with out any major problems. I like to fish, make knives, distillation of liquids, and make horns to blow from various horned animals. When time and body allows I like to golf. We like to get in our 5th wheel trailer and travel Oklahoma and Texas, this is a new experience for us. We can do this because we are home schooling our grandson. Be happy to answer any questions regarding this post. I have been a backyard smoker for a while I still consider myself a rookie.  

Good afternoon and welcome, Understand about the grandson, we are raising our 16 year old grandson, trying to get him interested in smoking but so far only the eating part interest him. Glad to have you you aboard, lots of great people and information here. I'd like to see some pictures of your knives, (love Knives)  and your cooks too !

Gary S

Hey

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.  About the only thing you didn't mention was your name

Gary

I am just thankful that I am in the position to take care of my grandson and not the state. Here in Oklahoma we have had some very horrible results from our Department of Human Services. Some of the Foster Parents these kids were put in was horrendous. So I am thankful to God for this ability.  God willing I will see him graduate and complete his education through our home schooling program.

Welcome to the forum and be sure to use the searchbar at the top of the page! It will be your best friend for TONS of info.....   
welcome1.gif

That's great mmaddoggy. We were fortunate enough not to have had to experience any oh that. WE know several people who have to deal with CPS and Foster parents, just not good. I once had an employee that he and his wife did foster parenting they were awful, only about the money, didn't care about the kids at all. They finally had the kids removed from their custody and no allowed to be Foster parents anymore 

Congrats to you

Gary S

Welcome mmaddoggy!  Every day you spend loving your grandson as you do makes another angel smile.  Home schooling is a treasured experience that will pay dividends in so many ways.  We home schooled our daughters through the 8th grade then they enrolled in HS in an advanced program.   School administrator thought they'd be uneducated and wanted to put them back a grade so he could maximize the district's payment of daily attendance funds.  We said "test them."  He smuggly said "lets see what they know."  He gave them the HS exit test and they scored in the 97 percentile.  It was fun watching him eat his words and attitude!  Later they were accepted to every university where they applied.

Congrats on the long marriage, your wife's business, your hobbies, your ability to travel, and your love of smoking.  So many blessings.  You Sir, are no rookie!    

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky