mississippi smokin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tscotto

Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
hello everyone,

From Mississippi. We raise chickens, goats and pigs on a small scale and hope to add honey bees in the futer. I'm in the process of making a simple cinder block smoker with an outside fire box. We plan on cold smoking and curing our meats and possibly finishing them by someother means. I also hope to try the old smoked salt pork method the oldtimers in our area used... now to find an oldtimer...

At the moment I'm reading "Meat Smoking and Somkehouse Design" as well as a few sausage books. Our local butcher has been sending our meats off for curing and he has been making our sausage so we want to lighten his load a bit.

Anyhow... just wanted to chime in

Scott

Welcome to the SMF Scott! Lots of great people here willing to help in any way they can!

Welcome to the forum. This is the place to learn.

Scott welcome to SMF glad you decided to join us. Sounds like you have an interesting place with lots of goodies to smoke and even make your own sausage. Be sure to post some pics of the smokehouse as you go I've been thinking about a block one as well. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For Those of you New to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.
Click Here it's "FREE"... 5 Day eCourse

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...

Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

How to post Qview to Forum:

For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034

welcome
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky