Mississippi boy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokebutt

Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
gulfport mississippi
hi, my names Billy and i'm from gulfport ms...Katrina country...well i quit a smoking habit of over 4 packs of cig. a day to do what? start smoking...lol...not sure its cheaper but shure is more fun...sense then i have built 3 home smokers...and own 2 more webbers...

i just got my latest project an old freg. hard time deciding gas r elec. i love smoking r grilling...oh yea i also made a grill...lol...1 smoker i made was from blocks great smoker reverse smoker 2 chambers...1 lord i don't know a stand up largeee hot water take conmercial type...

anyway i have been lurking here for sometime now reading and learning...this has got to be the best site....i really love it...

i don't have any pic. of anything...sorry...butt i made  some great pulled pork and my first fatties...i love brisket...yea i'm hooked....no patch for this 1 i guess...lol...ty god...few gloves tho...nice meeting you all...

Glad you joined us, Billy!

Katrina left a lasting impression on all of us I think...lots of nation-wide economic impacts because of her...heh, women have a way of doing that, I guess...just kidding ladies...LOL!!!!

You'll fit right in with the rest of us smoke junkies!

I'm in about the same boat with smoking as you...quit a 2 pack/day 25-yr bad smoking habit a few months ago, but I started my 10-20lb/week good smoking habit about 7 years back, and got really serious when I joined SMF a bit over 2 years ago. I haven't built any of my rigs (yet), just did the mods I needed to get the performance I wanted to see.

Looking forward to any input you may have for others here, as any experiences you have are valuable to the novice smokers, so don't be shy.

Many great smokes to ya!

Eric

Howdy neighbor ,

Welcome to SMF!

Hello Billy, and welcome to the SMF. Thanks for the introduction, we'll be looking forward to some pics and Q View too. It's all good my friend.

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Billy to SMF. I was just over that way a few months ago working. You'll like it here for there are a lot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are a lot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction    

Hi Billy, Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Hey Billy Welcome to SMF,

I wasn't a Katrina victim, but Ike sure did a number on our master bath / bedroom . You'll love this place. Great people who will help with any questions you have... just ask. We'll wait for your q-view. Enjoy and Happy Smokin'

Doug

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky