mini smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawruff

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
AZ Mayer
will sorry no pic of the build but here mine mini smoker still needs to be paint I'm loving these thing one load 3 or so hours of smoking       the cooking space is a 7.5 gal the fire box is a 5 gal tank

c7c15659_Jenny%20034.jpg
377ce2b8_Jenny%20037.jpg

still trying to make a batter damper this one like to fall down

7753ecf5_Jenny%20036.jpg

ded235b7_Jenny%20043.jpg

will i like water smoker so the reverse plate is flat with a 2'' lip  holds about a 2 liter

2bc917cb_Jenny%20038.jpg

had a bigger hold need to fill it in

8ce28aef_Jenny%20039.jpg

will I'm also just getting down the hold welding and cutting torch thing

1dd53d7c_Jenny%20042.jpg

will there it is  also have a bigger one to start my first one did not come out to what i had i mine  its  $$$ to run and its not good looking at all  ill try to take pic of the up coming build   in till then        SAWRFF    Scott
4a0fc175_Jenny%20041.jpg

well got some paint on this thing and did a new damper up to its looking good now here some pic
78278078_100_0254.jpg
a378f747_100_0255.jpg
e73a64c5_100_0256.jpg

Lookin Good Scott,

That looks like it took some thought to make the fire box door work out. I like it. I gotta agree with ya on the size issue, I went from using my reverse to a drum and I am still amazed. There is a big difference to get used to only being able to cook 4 slabs instead of being able to fit 18. But I really like the light it and leave it method I am learning with the drum.

Not to criticize at all, just trying to offer a tip. It looks like you are using flux core wire, two things you can try.

1. Grab a can of cheep cooking spray and coat the area where you are going to weld.

2. Just clean the area right where the weld will be instead of a large area.

This will help keep the splatter from sticking, and what sticks will clean off pretty easy.

Again I am not in any way degrading your project. Just tryin to help out. When I first started welding with wire I had bad splatter and sometimes a piece of wire sticking out. I left it since it was inside and no one was going to see it. Bad deal there. I reached in the smoker for something and jammed that little piece of wire right under my fingernail. I hate it when I get hurt from something I caused.

Happy Smokes with the new rig.

thx i will kept that in mine on the next 2 builds i have  bigger one then a trailer build i did not like my first one i made just to big   thx for the tips where will be Qview  tommor   got some ribs to do    

cool.gif

Man oh Man that's a very cool smoker for sure. Then it works for the small stuff too. Too Cool

well i have a pic of it going on and what is left over could not to eating for i would die   and my fringes would be gone it was goooooood
041f5400_100_0258.jpg
bfa29774_100_0260.jpg

ribs gone and the bird seen better days

well i did a pulled pork for my boys b-day 9 hour in the smoker 9 hour in the oven about 2.5 in a cooler
2fa01cf0_Evans%20Party%20004.jpg

no up close pic sorry   i also did a fatties to

a71c2142_Evans%20Party%20002.jpg

WOW thats a long time. How big was the pork?

And OMG that fattie makes me wanna go look for food.

Very nice job.

thx man ya it was along time but the butt came off so gooood it was 9.8 pounder  iam loving mine mini smoker

Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky