Middle GA new member

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

4pc4c

Original poster
Dec 16, 2013
This is Marty from Middle Georgia.  Been smoking for about three years on a offset firebox smoker purchased from lady moving back to Texas after her husband passed.  Two summers ago remembered a smoker my father had built over 20 years ago that was just sitting at the farm in my hometown.  250 gallon propane tank standing upright, 4 racks, fire in the bottom.  Thanksgiving this year discovered that it was rusting out around the firebox, so in the last few weeks working on a concrete pit smoker.  I really liked the cedar built smoker on here, thinking about going that route.

Love to hunt, fish and cook.  First smoke on the concrete block smoker last week was deer hind quarter.  Turned out real good.  Sorry no pics, didn't last that long.

Been lurking here for a long time for ideas. Every time I do a search for something I wind up here.  

So far smoked boston butts, pork ribs, chicken, turkey, deer, summer sausage, brisket and oysters.  Wanting to try some fish soon.

Hi Marty...Welcome to the group!  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky