Mexican Night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lee forst

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Good old U-S-of-A
Friends wanted to get together today (Sat) and they wanted some Q. I remembered seeing a recipe that was like fajitas on the smoker. So, why not? I create a rub that contained my usual rub I use on most things and added to it some ground coffee (Starbucks breakfast blend) and some southwest marinade. I coated a 2.5lb sirloin steak with olive oil and then rub it down. I also did up some bell peppers and yellow onion with olive oil, cracked pepper, and kosher salt. And of course I had to do some ABT. In addition, we made some Spanish rice, black beans, and chips and salsa. We had 13 people over and it was pretty much gone! I love days like this when good friends come together to eat, drink, laugh, and leave with full bellies!

Tomorrow is a mountain of ribs. Donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t worry, I post the results…
7bf8e43c_vbattach13204.jpg

d6f9069b_vbattach13202.jpg

4cbe2064_vbattach13203.jpg

Very nice Lee Forst
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Gotta agree with gypsyseagod, fajitas sound really good, and haven't had them in some time. Think I will make some for the July 4th weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky