metro Dee-troit newbie here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flyin'illini

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 27, 2007
Tulsa
Hello, All. I am another newcomer to the site and also a newbie in smoking meat. I found this site via google after missing pork BBQ enough here in Michigan to try and make my own. (western KY style pork BBQ is my preference - Starns in Paducah or Lee's in Kevil if you are familiar with that area)

I read up here on Jeff's tips and got a simple brinkman (electric, I am lazy) smoker and the first two boston butts did okay. (at least my Dad gave the thumbs up)

I bought the rub recipe here since this site was so helpful so I will try that in a few weeks.

Big Welcome to ya flyin'! Glad to have another Michiganer on SMF (you will find that us'ens here in MI have the most get togethers of anywhere). Ya "spit'n distance" from alot of folks! We love to see Q-views of meats and equipment, and please, dont be shy. Got a ?, ask. Again, Welcome!

Welcome! There are quite a few of us who are fairly new to smoking meat on this forum, and let me tell you, if you've got a question there are lots of folks who are more than happy to help you out with getting better at Q. Glad to have you with us!!
smile.gif

Welcome to the SMF. Good luck using the rub, it should be a hit with all your family. Once you get comfortable, post some Q Views, we love 'em.

Welcome to SMF! Keep on reading and you'll learn more and more.

I look forward to seeing the Q-views

Welcome aboard the SMF.
My wifey is from Royal Oak . Our son lives in Royal Oak. My niece lives in Oxford. My brother is in Wolverine but moved from Sterling Heights.. I grew up in Berkley.
icon_biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky