Mesquite Smoked Turkey!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
NASTY!!! Send that ugly thing to me so I can dispose of it properly! Then try again.

Crap! My mouth hurts from looking at it.

I hope mine comes out looking that good.............hey send me yours and I'll send you mine..........but you first.

All joking aside, that looks fantastic. Great job

Thats a nice looking bird...I did one this past weekend with mesquite chunks and jack daniels pellets practice run for turkey day...

Bryant

Well MQ… I brined the bird for 48 hours in,

2 gallons water
2 oz. cure
2 Tbs. peppercorns
1 Tbs. crushed juniper berries
1 tps. whole cloves
2 C. kosher salt
2 C. brown sugar

Rubbed bird with olive oil, stuffed the cavity with some carrots, an onion. and some celery, was going to put an apple in there, however my grandson ate it while I was drying the bird. So I said applesauce, but the can was too big, oh well!

Inserted a probe in the the breast and thigh. Smoked at 240° for roughly 5 hours taking smoker up to 300° for the last 1/2 hour to crisp the skin using mesquite chunks and a little cherry. Smoked till thigh 180° and breast 167°. Let rest for 1/2 hr. and then sampled! Sweet!
wink.gif

P.S. Was not salty at all! Thigh tasted like ham

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky