MES30 2.5 (non BT) standard 4-wire controller connection

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oldteche

Original poster
Jun 11, 2017
Hi, I have been a silent member for a while now. I have been learning a lot about my relatively new MES30 2.5 (non BT) smoker, and smoking itself. I also use my diy version of the Smoke Daddy, attached through the chip drawer opening, with great success. However, I seem to have one major problem, my smoker runs about 50 degrees F hotter then my standard controller measures. I know that many members have replaced their standard controllers with third party ones.

I would like to use my factory controller and slightly modify it , if possible. I am aware of the heat swings, and am willing to live with that, but I want to try and bring the temperature of the controller more inline with what the box temperature actually is. I read a post where a member added a 1k ohm resistor in series with the probe to increase the temperature. Maybe a resistor in parallel might help. At this point, I have a lot to look at and consider.

To my question: After looking at many posts, I probably missed, but I cannot find a description of the standard 4-wire connector that the standard controller is attached to. What is each colored wire attached to, power, sensors, etc.? I was hoping someone would know without me having to disassemble my MES30.

Thanks for any help, in advance.

Reactions: Civilian
I took apart my MES 30 control panel. The wires are marked on the PCB.

20180113_150611.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky