MES with add on smoke daddy. Need help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hilltopper

Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
I just added a smoke daddy to my 30 inch MES and I want to do a overnight smoke with two 6 lb. butts.  I would like to know how

long (hours)  I should try to smoke the butts.  I want to put them in and go to bed and let the MES and the smoke daddy do the rest.

Anybody doing this or is there any educated guesses?  I will set the temp. on the MES at 225 f and check in the morning to see if it is done.  Thanks

Smoke to temp (foil at 165*, take to 200-205*, wrap in towels and place in an empty cooler for an hour to rest, then pull)-- not time.  But as a rough ballpark guess, figure 1.5 hours per pound.  Assuming a 6# butt, I would guesstimate about 9 hours. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky