MES Window Cleaning Solution

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
It isn't a big deal but it used to take me about 4 sprays of alcohol and dawn to get it cleaned and a lot of paper towels.

So, the other night I sprayed it with this after cleaning, I got it a Sam's.

And after the smoke it looked like this tonight.

What little there was wiped off with one try.

Hope this helps somebody. Maybe that will work on something else.

Have you given Simple Green a try Ron?
I use it for cleaning almost everything and would be interested in knowing how well it would clean up a window like that.

Ron,
All i got was the dreaded box w/ the red X in it.
can ya tell me what the cleaner was that ya got at sams?

I haven't tried that man.

Works good?

when i went back the pic was there . never mind.

I don't understand why you guys use all this fancy stuff to clean the window. I use a two sided sponge, regular yellow sponge with a Brillo pad top on one side and hot water. Cleanse right up and never have chemicals left over in my smoker.

Reactions: jvick
wet paper towel and some fine ash from your fireplace or where ever. The ash just rubs the grease right off in no time plus you don't have to use any chemicals or spend money on cleaner.

These babies work like a champ....Just do it while the glass is still warm. RIP ronp

Barry.

hero_product.png

Last edited:
The easiest way to clean the window will be with ammonia.  Used it to clean the fireplace windows.  Years of crap came right off.  Any residue should rinse right off with water.

I used a little bit if formula 409, and it cleaned right up. Then I used a little bit of windex on a paper towel and it looked new.

Don't use chemicals... just use a scraper with a new razor blade and a little pressure.  Once you find the right angle, the razor gets everything...

I spoke with masterbuilt this morning and was given an idea that I was told would work.  Put a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water in the water pan and turn unit on to 250 or higher for about an hour and half then wipe the window with the same mixture on a rag or paper towel.  Hopefully this help to clean the window.  Then I am going to use the Spray Away Stainless Steel Cleaner.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky