MES question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cannaire

Original poster
Mar 14, 2015
Red Banks MS.
My kids bought me a MES for Christmas and I have used it a few times. Mine is a model 20071514. Is it considered a 30 or 40 or does it matter? Does cooktime or temp vary between differant models?

My kids bought me a MES for Christmas and I have used it a few times. Mine is a model 20071514. Is it considered a 30 or 40 or does it matter? Does cooktime or temp vary between differant models?
An MES 30 is approximately 30" high, and an MES 40 is approximately 40" high.

If everything is functioning properly, and you set the temps the same, they should all take the same time to cook the same thing.

Here are some things you can do with it:

Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

Bear

Last edited:
You will probably need a remote thermometer to verify the temperature the smoker is cooking at... Lay the temp probe an inch or two away from the meat... if the smoker reads 180 temp and the therm reads 150... up the smoker temp to 200... smoker temps don't always read the same... it's just one of those things you have to adjust for and live with....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky