MES mods

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

harperlc

Original poster
Nov 21, 2013
Ontario Canada
Hi all, I have read on a few websites about using an aquarium pump for better smoke but I was wondering if anyone has used one to better regulate even temperature in the entire smoker. I have had two electric smokers that I use specifically for jerky and have found with both that I have to move racks around to cook the jerky evenly (more cooked at bottom and less at top) I was wondering if anyone has used a larger pump to move the hot air around in the chamber and if this has cooked the jerky more evenly without having to move racks mid smoke which always results in lost heat and smoke. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks from North of the Border

Having the same problem. Thought about a computer fan placed in the chip chute. Saw a post that a guy used it to help his cheese smoking.have you solved your jerky airflow issues?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky