MES 40 - 20070311

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mato0107

Original poster
Dec 23, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Would you be able to give me a feedback on this MES smoker. It is currently on sale in my local home depot. As I'm in canada, my selection of MES retailers is pretty limited. I'd be using it mostly for smoking sausages. thanks in advance

I have two! Both have given no problems other than the usual 10° difference between set-point and actual on the MAV...JJ

I have one as well, picked it up a little over a month ago.  I love it.  There are some temperature issues that can drive you a little nuts, but use a little deflector on the bottom rack, and I think you'll be good to go.  I've had tremendous success with mine, and I'm a noob!

Would you be able to give me a feedback on this MES smoker. It is currently on sale in my local home depot. As I'm in canada, my selection of MES retailers is pretty limited. I'd be using it mostly for smoking sausages. thanks in advance
I've been looking for one too, I'm in Calgary. What price and where if you don't mind be asking?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Below is that smoker---It's a Great Smoker.

If there's a problem with the right side being hotter than the left, all you need is a little homemade heat deflector, like Dogwalker mentioned.

The little Plate on the bottom right (above the water pan) is all you might need. Works Great.

It's a slightly re-designed Generation 1 smoker. The re-design was in the shape of the top controller. It's an excellent smoker. If it's on a good sale buy it--but I think you already did. You're going to have a blast with it.

Below is that smoker---It's a Great Smoker.

If there's a problem with the right side being hotter than the left, all you need is a little homemade heat deflector, like Dogwalker mentioned.

The little Plate on the bottom right (above the water pan) is all you might need. Works Great.

Just one lonely little roast for that huge interior? Is that to keep the hordes of smoked prime rib moochers away from your door? The hordes would include me if I were your friendly next-door neighbor.

Just one lonely little roast for that huge interior? Is that to keep the hordes of smoked prime rib moochers away from your door? The hordes would include me if I were your friendly next-door neighbor.
LOL---Thanks Rick!!

Most of my smokes are only one rack smokes.

And the only thing I ever put in there with one of my Prime Ribs would be the occasional  "Twice Baked Taters".

Bear

A bro-in-law of mine smoked an 8 lb. beef brisket over a 15 lb. turkey before Christmas because he'd heard about someone else doing it. He has a Master Forge 30" electric smoker. I don't know about the turkey because I didn't eat it but the brisket was way undercooked. He claimed the IT came up to 190° in about 2.5 hours. Since I was in his home I refrained from naysaying him. The brisket meat was still tough and chewy and there was no bark so I know he read something wrong some place.

Successfully smoking a beef brisket--getting the bark right and the meat juicy and tender--can be tricky on its own. I don't see adding a turkey to the mix, especially since the smoke times will probably be different.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky