MES 40 1st Gen...Two Questions Need Answered Please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Recently bought a new MES 40 1st Generation and since I am only familiar with the 30" model I need two questions answered.

1. Since I am not going to use the built in meat probe, can I disconnect it without creating havoc with the control panel?

2. Cannot seem to find what the wattage of the heating element is.  Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance for any help on these two matters.

John

Last edited:
Recently bought a new MES 40 1st Generation and since I am only familiar with the 30" model I need two questions answered.

1. Since I am not going to use the built in probe, can I disconnect it without creating havoc with the control panel?

If you mean the cook chamber probe, what are you going to use to control the heat?

2. Cannot seem to find what the wattage of the heating element is.  Does anyone know?

I believe that all 40 MES smokers have a 1200 watt eliment.

Thanks in advance for any help on these two matters.

John

I'd leave the probe hooked up and just tuck it away in the back.

1200 watt is the rating, however, that's plugged directly into the wall, if you use an extension cord, that value may drop.

I do not mean the cooking chamber temperature probe...I mean the probe designed to monitor the meat you are smoking.

Thanks,  John
Not sure what it will do to the controller, but I am sure if you post your question here:http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/groups/show/8/masterbuilt-electric-smoker-mes-owners
Someone will know.
Thanks Wolfman 1955...Will do!  Completely forgot about the Group section of the Forum.

Thanks also CrankyBuzzard!

Take care,  John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky