MES 30 ,,,

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
OK ,,, I posted about doing summer sausage , that turned out great IMO .

After reading some of the post , and horror stories of this unit , I was wondering if I should just return it .

I decided to do some chicken thighs since my kids had bought me a " secret meat rub " from a shop down on the river front  to " use on ur new smoker Dad "

I mean really ...you kidding me ,,, they came out awesome . I do have knowledge of smoking , but new to electric .  Had my doubts about this . The rub was awesome , but the bite of the smoke was so good . Yes the temps seemed to be off , but if you have an idea of time ,,, smoke color and flow , and the smell ,,, WOW .

I got my 150 bucks worth already .

Chop

The older generation units occasionally have some issues, temps being off a few degrees, but most often work flawlessly. Especially with an AMNPS Pellet Smoke Generator. If what you have makes good Q, keep it. You will be happy. The biggest problems are with the second generation Digital Smoker w/ Remote but they are a lot more than $150 so I doubt you have one...JJ

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky