• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Memorial Day Race Photos

blurdghokie

Joined May 16, 2007
Thanks for the help with charcoal estimates. I was right on, with about 5lbs. to spare. The turkey legs, ribs, and pork butt were outstanding. I think I may have had a few too many beers and neglected the brisket; Although I did just cook the flats and I'm wondering if that threw off my timing. Anyway, the new grill is well seasoned after running for 4 days straight. Enjoy the photos.

If Stewart would have stuck with "Smoke"....he wouldn't have run outta gas!!!

f1e17ff2_vbattach12783.jpg

897baf31_vbattach12784.jpg

97e1860a_vbattach12785.jpg

bfe28999_vbattach12786.jpg

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 12, 2007
Everything looks great Hokie, i know what ya mean with the beer and the brisket, it happens
Totally agree with ya about Stewart, don't worry, he'll be there at the end!

gofish

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 4, 2006
Hokie

That looks great. I too have fallen victim to the long smoke, (accidental)beer induced neglect. It must have been a great weekend to have kept that thing smoking all 4 days!

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
Glad things worked out for ya Hokie, sounds / looks like a great time was had by all

jts70

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 12, 2007
Sounds like a great weekend , the food looks great!

gypsyseagod

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
great lookin' grub. and the old lady still thinks i'm crazy for wanting to paint the pit home depot orange.......

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.