Memorial Day Brisket

Discussion in 'Beef' started by gridirongriller, May 27, 2008.

1. 5* brisket from Kroger rubbed and wrapped over nite in fridge. On at 9:30am off about 6:00pm. Just a little bit dry. But very getting close. I'm cooking on a ECB (our team has to keep it cheap, lol) and still working on getting the mods right. But it is getting closer. I've learned a lot reading here recently on what it needs!!

Anyway, on to the food:

2. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I would say that was a success!!

Looks great.

3. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great looking brisket!! Did you spritz or mop it with anything? Just curious what 'cha thought of it! [​IMG]

4. Nope...I put the lid on and left it til it was 165ish*. Then I wrapped and let it go til about 190*. I would have liked it have been just a bit more tender (but it was close) and a little more moist (again, it was close). I had a few temp problems on the ECB that I am working on. I put damper on the bottom to control the intake and had the top sealed pretty well with foil. I still need to get the coals up higher off the bottom. I think I'm going to buy/make a charcoal basket soon to help. Burn times were good though. First contest of the season is in a couple of weeks, so gotta get things dialed in. But everyone at my place for Memorial Day enjoyed it!

5. seboke

seboke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Sounds and looks like a great success even with the hiccups! [​IMG]