Memorial Day 2008 -- What's in the smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bwsmith_2000

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 9, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Smokers,
I have a few ideas for my smoke on Memorial Day but I'm not quite "there" yet on my menu. So far, I think I'm doing:

Ribs
Chicken
Turkey Legs
Dutch's Baked Beans
Corn on the cob (on the grill)

Then for appetizers:

Fatty
ABTs
Stuffed Smoked Shrooms

What are the rest of you smoking? I may have to modify my menu.

Nice menu. It seems to me the only thing you need is some beer. I think your family and friends will be happy, happy. Have fun. Happy smoking.

I'm going to cook a couple butts for pulled pork for sure, then either some Italian sausage or some fatties. I might add a tri tip or something like that if more people RSVP before then. Will likely make a batch of coleslaw and potato salad for sides. Think I'm going to try a mustard based bbq sauce to have available on the side, as well as one of my tomato based sauces.

Lots of stuff to get made in just over a week.

I've been waiting for this holiday since New Years Day (the last company holiday we had) and am definitely going to have a weekend of "first" smokes consisting of a brisket and fatty, in addition to the ol' reliable boston butt.

SMF should be hoppin' with the q-vue that weekend! Look forward to viewing it all!!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

My plan is for memorial day gonna put a 17# brisket on sunday afternoon and monday load the rest of the racks with ribs and fatties and gonna do some baked beans

Sounds awesome so far. Invader gave me another idea though. I think I'll get the wife to make some delicious potato salad .... that's one of her specialties. I've also toyed with the idea of a butt and brisket but just not enough folks coming. Mabey if I spread the word a little more hmmmmm.

Man, do I envy you all. I will be just coming back from a business trip and have three days of backlog to catch up on. Enjoy the smokes if you have a chance, cuz sometimes ya dont!

I am thinking about a sirlion tip roast, abt's and maybe try those stuffed mushrooms. Not totally sure what the wife has planned.
Andy.

Looks like 2 butts around 6.5# each, potato salad, Dutch's Wicked Baked beans, ABTs, couple FATTYs and lots of adult beverage.

Wow ... I'm still planning and buying groceries for this weekend ... haven't even started to think about Mem Day.
But I bought 3 #'s of catfish last night, that I'll probably smoke over apple. And I have been craving ribs ..... so it'll probably be ribs and fish on the smoker this holiday.
bd867d6b_vbattach18172.jpg

Is the Sat. of Memorial Day weekend still International WSM day?

Heck, I am down to only 10 days a year on my WSM, so I need an excuse to force me to use it.

No time lately, so its always offset on the kettle.

Probably throw some kabobs and pineapple on the grates on Monday though.

Have a safe holiday, friends

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky