• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Membrane Help

dozer

Fire Starter
Joined May 28, 2007
if i dont remove the membrane on the bottom of my ribs, what will that do? will cooking time increase? Will the taste be compromised? or will i be fine?

scpatterson`

Joined May 27, 2007
It will make it harder to get the smoke and seasoning into the meat. They are just better with it off........Some people leave it on though

keywesmoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
it takes less than a minute. Start at the small end, pry up a corner and rip it off. Makes a difference.

hillbillysmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2007
Hi Dozer,
This is a good "You Tube" link that will show you the process. Hope this helps.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Dozer -

Just peel up a small section and grab it with a paper towel and peel it off. If you don't remove it it makes the ribs tough and the smoke doesn't go through nicely.

billyq

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 13, 2007
Sometimes they cooperate and other it times it's a hassle. Just one of those 'Q things.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.