Meet Number 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 5, 2007
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's true... I am an addict.
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
But wait, before you call the men in white coats, I am darn proud of it!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Meet the newest member of the fold... my brand new ECB ! I have been taunted by this sweetheart for several weeks now. I figured, with her loneliness, sitting on that cold floor at Lowes, her desire for heat, to learn the proper way to smoke, she needed a good home...

No mods yet, but there will be soon... here's a factory pic...

Sweeeeet! I would have to hide the keys to the gun safe if I ever brought home one of those on the fly...

I need to get some kevlar underbritches now
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Treat her nice and with lots of love!

What the hell is sweet about that? It's a bullet! $29.99 ! It smokes great!

Sh!t Fire! Go buy a darn DPP Fat 50 and tell me how you like it,,,,,not a frigon bullet!

Your a tease! Tease from the beginning of this post! You know what happens to teases..........don't you ?....................(tell me, cause I don't know)
If it makes you feel anybetter, ..............I would have given' you mine if you'd come get it.......drink beer............leave x-tra beer for me.........then leave.

I'm thank kinda guy, dadgumnice!

nice
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

It's sweet because he's got one and I don't! New toys, regardless of price, are always fun! Cars, boats, fishing rods, and yes, even smokers!

Another big hearted SMF member opens his home to a poor wayward smoker. It just makes a body's mouth water with the anticipation of the first smoke.

PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_07.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Thanks Al!! Can you say Lang? That's the next one... this is more for portability, camping, etc. Besides, it's real purdy!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

ever time i go to the "store" i see some kinda toy like that- but me wifey knows- (oh ya just wait- i can't do that 3d crap but i can ruler & paper) my pit. it's all about scrap cold hard cast iron or steel & my (non alcoholic bassard) welder of a bro inlaw- to get my "dynasty"- or d- nassy on wheels.......argg arf arf arf...... oh yes it will come.... it's not just about smoking the finest & feeding the masses... i also want heat fer the camper fer the winter games.. ok ok i'll shut up now....

The ol' ECB is hard to beat. Easy smokin'.
What comes out of my Geezer eats as good as anything that comes out of a $10000 unit. The smoker doesn't make the Q, it's the operator.
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

I'll get it modded and assembled and fire it up this weekend... that's the plan anyway. I'm smokin' a big butt for a get together on Sunday, that might be her maiden voyage.

I know I didn't need another smoker, but it's not about need now, is it...?
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Congrat's Hawg, everyone that has one swears by them!!! Think I'm gonna grab one this fall myself!!! Enjoy!!

Gotta admit, I fell in love with Bud & Tonto's Lang 60. But it's a tad too big for me. Lookin at the Lang 48 patio version.
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

I finally got my round air vents from Weber... man they took a long time to ship! Anyway, mods will be underway this afternoon.

My plan is to install vents on the lid, and make the air hole in the bottom pan adjustable. I am also installing a charcoal grate (Weber) in the coal pan to eliminate ash from smothering the coals. I also want to install a couple of temp guages at the grate levels, but I haven't got them yet.

Oh yeah, I'll probably drill a couple of holes in the side for the probes to enter the cooking chamber...

Am I missing anything here?

Well, I hope I can produce the same quality - if not better - Q as I have done with my CG! I know I'll love this little guy... it is perfect for camping and to handle overflow from the CG when the crowds grow.

Now, where'd I put my drill... ?
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky