Meaty baby back pork ribs w-q/view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
Picked up an expensive, but really meaty rack of BB ribs @ he local butcher, i usually get two racks at this price, but this butcher shops bb ribs never disappoint. This is a bout 3.5# rack.

rubbed:went light on these proky bb's:

Gonna toss these on around 2:00, and smoke them til they are done, no foil, no sauce.

thanks for looking

ones in the past have been about 4 hours, I am betting 5 for these bad boys.

just in time for the Ravens game.

also my Super Walmart finally had Royal Oak lump back in stock.

I agree,

plus I got to hang out, and chat with my buddies @ the meatmarket while they ground up some chuck, and pork for my meatballs.

WOWthose are some really huge baby backs you have there Jim. I bet that butcher is on your christmas list for sure.

I am going to bring him some of my pulled pork from last weekend,

I typically buy beef from him, but have a hard time getting in there during the week, and most weekend smokes start before he opens. Just worked out this time.

just about to reapply some rub & get them on the WSM, Im thinking 5 hours for sure.

Oh Boy Jim!!! I want to see what that big guy looks like when you're done. I'll be looking forward to the Q-view.....
icon_mrgreen.gif

thanks man,

about an hour in now, just about to have my first glass of tequila, and crack open my first miller.

1 hour:

re-applied some kool-aid rub... I will opne up the WSM one more time to pull those couple ABT's off, and then let it do its majic for a couple hours undisturbed.

these were meaty, about 5 hours as I thought, WSM is the best smoker I have ever used hands down. It just chugs along at temp and produces great bbq.

2 hours:

5 hours & done: (guess I did something wrong based on a recent thread about pullback being bad, either me or the butcher.... )
icon_rolleyes.gif

cut:

thanks to all that followed, and contributed to this thread.

go ravens

heck yeah..

like mini pork chops, just picked the meat off the bones...
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

thanks, I really appreciate it.

the leftovers will be turned into a topping for some udon noodles and some homemade broth

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky