Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

icemn62

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 20, 2006
Long Beach, California
This being one of my favorite foods, I keep coming back to this. Meatloaf from the grates, anybody know of a way to do this without using a pan to start it off? I am trying to expose as much of the meat to the smoke as possible, and figure that the meat in the bottom of the pan is left out.

Use a grill pan that has the small holes in it. Holes are large enough to let the smoke through but small enough to keep the meat load from falling through.

For those reading this that don't have that pan. Take a cheap foil pan and poke some holes in it, you'll get the same effect (I'm all about using what I have on hand instead of buying new equipment.)

That may be the reason I never thought of this use. I originally purchased the pan to grill veggies. I never thought to use it in any other way.

{if you could see me, I am now slapping myself upside the head.}

That pan also works great for smoking fajita meat and "kabob" meat. With the fajitas just throw meat and veggies in and smoke or grill away, very yummy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky