Meatloaf with pork, venison and bear

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sadfjnb

Original poster
May 13, 2009
Im thinking about smoking my first loaf this weekend, I was thinking about using a pound of ground Berkshire pork, a pound of ground venison and for a kicker a pound of ground bear... Ive NEVER used bear for anything before... does anyone have any experience with it? would it would well in a meatloaf? I know the venison is very lean thus why Im using the pork, but what can I expect with the bear?

thanks

From what I have heard, bear can be a very fatty meat. Since I don't know where your cut the ground (I am inferring you are using) bear comes from, can't help you any further.

I say go for it, capture the entire process (raw, forming it, and cooked) with pictures and post them. Someone's bound to come up after that and help!

Pics always will draw out the folks. Good luck to you, and hope you have a great smoke!

I have made a many a meat loaf and yes I have put in some pork and even some venison but never a bear or any part of one. Was it a black bear. Yea like Rivet said please follow up with alot of Qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks... Im thinking about skipping out on the bear, the greasiness scares me, plus it was give to me from friend of a friend... I dont want to screw up the loaf... so Ill prolly stay with 1 pound of pork, one pound of venison, and maybe a pound of beef... I might have to take a stab at some ABT's as well... Ive never tried them either but Ill will take some pics and post them as it goes...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky