• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hope it works out but sure shouldn't have to rise to this level to get it taken care of.

Seems I remember somebody else starting a business with a smoking accessory and while he had a great product like Meater Block may or may not have (to early for some of us to know) what he did have was outstanding customer service. Everybody I ever heard comment about the product also commented on the excellent customer service. Needless to say Todd and his wife built an outstanding very successful business A-MAZE-N Smokin Products should give lessons in how to do customer service.

Maybe this new company needs to learn that customer service or lack of it can make or break a business no matter how good the product may be.

Maybe this new company needs to learn that customer service or lack of it can make or break a business no matter how good the product may be.
Amen to that statement. From this one thread alone, I wouldn't consider a Meater for purchase. Customer Service is the backbone of any companies structure and it appears that this company hasn't fully grasped that concept yet.

So I thought this was a USA based company from the original kickstarter, but their customer service is in the UK and that is the reason given for lack of response coordination? Add that to the fact it took them like 3 years longer than first promised to get the product to market. Ummm.... not good. It's a shame too, because the idea looked great.

Unfortunately what has been described certainly can occur with a kickstarter. I won't say the majority of them go this way but it has happened a number of times and will most likely continue. It's a risk everyone should be aware of before they dive in. Most have good intentions to bring forth to market a solid product. However a number of them do not have a great deal of exposure or knowledge in regards to potential business and manufacturing errors to avoid during the process. In your case it does sound like things might finally be on the mend. Fingers crossed for ya!

Hopefully you requested a return receipt so you can prove they received it.

Warren

Unfortunately the return postage was paid for by them. The USPS wouldn’t let me add tracking. So hopefully they are on the up and up.

They said as soon as they saw it had shipped my new unit would be on the way.

So that should mean I should see a new unit in the mail today.

We’ll see...

I had been considering their product but after seeing their interaction, I wouldn't take one if offered for free

Best of Luck, with these guys, Chase!!
Looks like you need it.

I remember when this outfit first showed these things & were trying to get backers.
I showed it to my Son, and we considered it, but then figured we'd wait & pay a little more if they work out good.
I though about them a couple times since, but now I'm glad we never pulled the Trigger.

BTW: Good to see you, Chase.

Bear

I did receive the replacement. I won't have time to set it up with the WIFI until this weekend and see how it performs.

I did go camping last weekend in the rain. It dried out enough to burn some wood. And looked at wooden boats a the Depoe Bay Wooden Boat Show.

47613826511_fe688a2ba5_c.jpg

47624558681_8aea6643a6_c.jpg

47560991112_fb791a4f07_c.jpg

47560912772_41a7e8234b_c.jpg

Cooked a Tri tip one night. Not much was left when we were done!

46889628984_762d28ba2e_c.jpg

Reactions: bmudd14474
Hey Guys,

I am new to the forums, but thought I would chime in... I too was a backer and have MeaterBlock that won't update. Their customer service takes DAYS to respond and well, we shall see. Having the SAME problem. Buyer beware. Waited 3 years for this??? Yikes...gotta love Kickstarter :(

Just an update.

MEATER made good on sending me a new unit.

Work has been off the wall & I haven’t been able to test it out.

I finally unpackaged it and per the directions it is now charging for 8 hours. Tomorrow if I have time I will pair it with my WiFi, phone, etc...

Then i’ll see if it works.

Hopefully if it needs and update it will update, so my next update will be a good update...

Still waiting for mine to be resolved... they sent me a shipping label that shipped it back to me...what a crock of POO. This company is not impressing me.

This past weekend I had time to boot up the new unit. Connect to my wifi, bluetooth,etc...

All seems to have worked. No glitch telling me I need to update. Connects to the phone without any problem and the probes seem to be working properly. I haven't cook with any of them yet just let them run in various places for a couple hours. Tested temps side by side several times with a calibrated therm that I have.

The instruction pamphlet that came with this unit is better than the first one.

The ambient end of each probe is etched with the number that it is so there's no guessing which probe is which.

I ran the Meater+ at the same time and the app seemed to have no issues monitoring everything.

I still haven't tried monitoring the probes while out and about as I only have my phone. That will be changing soon as I have a new iPad on the way, so I will be able to leave one unit at home.

Range seemed to be fine at least for where I cook. If I need to put the block out by the smoker, it will need to be in a large ziplock to protect it from the weather. Pretty much what I've done with every other therm I've had to date.

Once I get to use it a bit I will post another update.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky