Meat Loaf Today - Meowey Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meowey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 16, 2006
Northern NY (Adirondacks)
Hello Folks,

Meowey here with another post. Several folks in the last week or so have posted smoked meat loaf. It put the idea in my head that I had not smoked meat loaf in a long while.

I'm planning a meal that features the smoked meat loaf, my Aunt Sara's "Dutch" lettuce salad, and my Mac & Cheese. The "Dutch" lettuce is a salad that features torn lettuce topped with her sweet and sour bacon dressing. (Everything is better with bacon!!)

The weather here is not really prime for smoking, so I'm using the GOSM today for temp control. The overnight low here was 3°F, with a predicted high of 28°F. We have had our first real snowfall. Here are a few pics I shot yesterday in and around Lake Placid, NY.

winterscene11_17_2007_001.jpg

winterscene11_17_2007_004.jpg

winterscene11_17_2007_005.jpg

The loaf is 3.35 lbs of 90% gr beef, 2 beaten eggs, 1½ packets of onion soup mix, 2/3 cup of both ketchup and water, 1TBL of Worcestershire, and 1 TBL of grated parmesan. Mixed and then add enough unseasoned bread crumbs to bring to desired texture. I will be smoking with apple and spraying the loaf with the 3-1 mix of apple juice and Captain Morgan's Original Spiced rum. I will glaze the loaf the last hour or so with a piquant sauce of ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard, and nutmeg, thinned with the AJ/CM mix.

Loaf ready to go

meatloaf_11_17_2007_001_sma.jpg

More Q-view later - time to spray the loaf (and maybe get a pic or two).

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Here is q-view after about 1¼ hours. Just sprayed!

meatloaf_11_17_2007_003_sma.jpg

Regards,

Meowey

The recipe is in the first post of this thread. There is some grated parmesan in it. I smoke it to an internal temp of 145°F. Today I'm running the smoker at 240-245°F and hoping it will be done in about 4 hours.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Meowey

Man that looks good. I just smoked yesterday, but now thanks to you I have to go smoke a meat loaf. LOL Hey it beats doing honeydo stuff.

Here is the Hour 2½ Q-view. Internal temp of the loaf is 125°F. Going to glaze in about 45 minutes.

meatloaf_11_17_2007_004_sma.jpg

Regards,

Meowey

Q-view of loaf glazed! Eatin' time is coming soon!

meatloaf_11_17_2007_005_sma.jpg

Regards,

Meowey

Here is the final Q-view!!

M & C and the Loaf

meatloaf_11_17_2007_006.jpg

Loaf

meatloaf_11_17_2007_007.jpg

Mac & Cheese - Gooey and Yummy!

meatloaf_11_17_2007_008.jpg

Sliced Loaf

meatloaf_11_17_2007_009.jpg

Picture Plate

meatloaf_11_17_2007_010.jpg

The whole family allows me to do this again! As a matter of fact I will allow myself to do this again. It has been a long time between smoked meatloaves. Thanks to you folks for reminding me to smoke meatloaf.

The Mac & Cheese recipe is posted in the side items forum if you are interested.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ead.php?t=3566

I have posted the "Dutch" Lettuce recipe in the side items forum also.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...d.php?p=118046

Regards,

Meowey

dang that looks good, been a while since i've done a loaf. hmmmmm i wonder if i shaped it like a turkey next week if anyone would notice

That dadgone meatloaf makes me HUNGRY and I just ate a late lunch...
eek.gif

Wish my wife was more supportive of my cooking. She moans and complains any time I do anything I get any joy out of...
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif
I'd love to be able to smoke more often and try a lot more of this stuff...

Great Q Views, really projects the meatloaf. Once I am able to smoke again, a meatloaf will be near the top of my list of things to smoke. Great smoke my friend!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky