Me, the Family and some Putt-Putt Golf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK
This past weekend the family and I (my 4 year old boy and my girls who are 9 and 11 and my wife) decided to go play some putt-putt golf over at 61st and HWY 169 (for those of you who are familiar with Tulsa).

Now this course is built around lots of water and if you get through 18 holes without having to go back to the clubhouse for more balls then you are extremely lucky!

Anyway, we had been back to the clubhouse a couple of times and were coming upon a 20 foot bridge that spans across the pond there and without stopping to think about how it sounded..

I shouted like a general to his soldiers...

"EVERYONE HOLD YOUR BALLS REAL TIGHT WHEN WE GO ACROSS THIS BRIDGE.."

Well... my wife about fell off the bridge laughing and I considered jumping in..

I heard some cackling around the various greens... and I can't say that I blame them.

You can imagine what that would sound like if you had no idea what I was actually talking about.

I did not play too well after that and I sure hoped that no one there recognized me with my dark sunglasses on!!

LMHO.......I just love it when life happens!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

id say that on purpose. although i am a crew chief and have a dirty mind already.

SdPj

I got one that just might top that one...

We had a boat and everytime we got off the water I could never the back straps to hook and close the metal bracket. No matter what I did I couldnt never close them. Well, one day I pushed real hard and the bracket closed!! I jumped up from the back of the boat and yelled, "I GOT MY STRAP ON, I GOT MY STRAP ON!!" My dear husband said, 'thats really great dear' while trying not to die laughing, along with everyone else on the dock. I could have died right there.
icon_redface.gif

Lisa
tongue.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky