May have ruined my brisket.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dribron

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Elk River MN
I have had a brisket on all morning, then at 4:30 it was at 170, I wrapped it and went to pick up my wife from work. We shot over to traget for a few mins, then home. When I walked into the door I heard the alarm, checket the temp, it was at 207. I pulled it wrapped it and placed it in the fridge.... Man I hope all that time prepairing, and smoking wasn't wasted...
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Some people smoke theres to 205 or so it should pull easy. Did you rest it at all when you pulled it out of the smoker?

It should pull pretty easy not sure you could slice it tho may just fall apart. Save the juice De-fat it and add the juice back in to the pulled meat

We'll hope I do not need to mix it in with sauce, I had other plans. It was to be served with roasted potaoes, corn de cob, and a fresh garden salad. I also used the marinade to make a suace. I reduced it, thickened it with a brown rue, and finnished off with fresh lemon tyme, and basil. We'll see maybe I'll get lucky..

Just give up, it's ruined, you'll just have to make another one, and bring the ruined one to me to dispose of properly.
biggrin.gif

We'll here she is... not nearly as bad as I thought.. Acually pretty moist, and down right tasty..

Ohhh too bad, it looks awful; don't even try to eat it, toss it out and send me your garbage can... lol! Great job, looks wonderful, super smoke ring! Enjoy your meal, it's the best 'mistake' you made! Did you try pulling the point?

I did pull the point, should make a nice sammie for tomarow...
The ring came out pretty okay considering it was smoked on my ECB electric....

Nope, just fed her hickory chunks littel by littel for the first half of cooking time. Had been thinking of tying that someday..

That is a mighty nice smoke ring. I don't get much if any smoke ring with my ECB electric and was thinking about chucking a charcoal briquette in my chip can for my next smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky