May have ruined my brisket.

Discussion in 'Beef' started by dribron, Apr 25, 2010.

1. dribron

dribron Meat Mopper

I have had a brisket on all morning, then at 4:30 it was at 170, I wrapped it and went to pick up my wife from work. We shot over to traget for a few mins, then home. When I walked into the door I heard the alarm, checket the temp, it was at 207. I pulled it wrapped it and placed it in the fridge.... Man I hope all that time prepairing, and smoking wasn't wasted... [​IMG]

2. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Some people smoke theres to 205 or so it should pull easy. Did you rest it at all when you pulled it out of the smoker?

3. dribron

dribron Meat Mopper

It is resting right now.... We'll see how it is a bit latter. Shure hope it isn't ruined.

4. mythmaster

mythmaster Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

It'll be fine :)

5. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

It should pull pretty easy not sure you could slice it tho may just fall apart. Save the juice De-fat it and add the juice back in to the pulled meat

6. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

If it doesn't come out to your liking you can always chop it up and mix it with BBQ sauce.

7. dribron

dribron Meat Mopper

We'll hope I do not need to mix it in with sauce, I had other plans. It was to be served with roasted potaoes, corn de cob, and a fresh garden salad. I also used the marinade to make a suace. I reduced it, thickened it with a brown rue, and finnished off with fresh lemon tyme, and basil. We'll see maybe I'll get lucky..

8. daddyzaring

daddyzaring Smoking Fanatic

Just give up, it's ruined, you'll just have to make another one, and bring the ruined one to me to dispose of properly. [​IMG]

9. dribron

dribron Meat Mopper

We'll here she is... not nearly as bad as I thought.. Acually pretty moist, and down right tasty..

10. daddyzaring

daddyzaring Smoking Fanatic

Yea, that is definately ruin. I will be happy to dispose of that for you. lol[​IMG]

11. ellymae

ellymae Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nothing wrong with that - nice job.

12. dribron

dribron Meat Mopper

It's been pretty close to handled already.... But thanks for the offer.... [​IMG]

13. douge

douge Smoke Blower

Tasty looking brisket. Nicely done.[​IMG]

14. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Ohhh too bad, it looks awful; don't even try to eat it, toss it out and send me your garbage can... lol! Great job, looks wonderful, super smoke ring! Enjoy your meal, it's the best 'mistake' you made! Did you try pulling the point?

15. dribron

dribron Meat Mopper

I did pull the point, should make a nice sammie for tomarow...
    The ring came out pretty okay considering it was smoked on my ECB electric....

16. lu1847

lu1847 Smoking Fanatic

did you use any charcol in with your wood chips or chunks? thats a nice ring for electric!

17. dribron

dribron Meat Mopper

Nope, just fed her hickory chunks littel by littel for the first half of cooking time. Had been thinking of tying that someday..

18. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

YOu didn't even come close to hurting it. I take mine to 205 usually. How did you like it?

19. douge

douge Smoke Blower

That is a mighty nice smoke ring. I don't get much if any smoke ring with my ECB electric and was thinking about chucking a charcoal briquette in my chip can for my next smoke.

20. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

It looks real good and I bet that it was good..congrats !!![​IMG]