Maverick probe functions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tlottman

Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
I am looking at getting either a Maverick 7 or 73, still undecided. My question is that with the 7 it has two meat probes and with the 73 it has a meat and chamber temp probe. Can these probes be used the other way as well. IE can the second meat probe on the 7 be used as a chamber probe, and can the chamber probe on the 73 be used as a meat probe? I have found each for around $40 and each has great functions, just want to get the best bang for the buck. I would probably go with the 73 if both are the same price since it comes with the handy dandy rack clip for the chamber probe...............if all things other than that are equal. Thanks for all your assistance.

I have the 7 and use it both ways. Not sure about the 73.

i have a 73 and have used both probes in food and works fine. the smoker probe is straight with a blunt end while the food probe has a right angle and a sharper end.

I just recently bought a second food probe off ebay for my ET-73, that way I can run a chamber probe and switch back and forth between 2 pieces of meat if I need to. I love my 73.

Thanks for the feedback. I think that I am going to get the 73 once funds are available. I like the idea of getting two food probes to switch between the foods also. That way I can run the chamber probe and multiple food probes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky