Maverick ET-732's Arrived Today!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks to everyone who jumped in and ordered the new Maverick ET-732's!!!

I SOLD OUT over the weekend, and checked with Maverick for additional units.  We won't see more inventory until after Christmas.

Todd
icon_cry.gif

Todd,

Is this a straight forward remote thermometer?  I mean all the thermometers I have found have all the goofy settings for lamb, beef, turkey, and are just a pain to use. If the maverick just gives me temperatures it is perfect and I will have to get one sometime when I have to reload on your smoker dust.

Glad to hear you sold um fast, sad to hear about not getting more till after x mas.

BTW.....The mailman brought mine today.
icon_mrgreen.gif
 Happy as a kid at x mas, I had to unwrap it and now its sitting right here on my desk.

Thanks Todd.

Todd,

Is this a straight forward remote thermometer?  I mean all the thermometers I have found have all the goofy settings for lamb, beef, turkey, and are just a pain to use. If the maverick just gives me temperatures it is perfect and I will have to get one sometime when I have to reload on your smoker dust.
Yes, no "Meat Settings", and many upgrades over the ET-73.

TJ
Glad to hear you sold um fast, sad to hear about not getting more till after x mas.

icon_mrgreen.gif
 Happy as a kid at x mas, I had to unwrap it and now its sitting right here on my desk.

Thanks Todd.
Hey Tom!

Ain't that thing cool!!!

TJ

Quote:
Todd are they still gonna make the ET-73 or are they discontinuing it?
Gary,

ET-73 still available and I have plenty on-hand.  I'm selling them for $39.99 incl.shipping.

TJ

Todd,

Yes, no "Meat Settings", and many upgrades over the ET-73.

TJ

icon_mrgreen.gif

Thanks Todd.
Hey Tom!

Ain't that thing cool!!!

TJ

Quote:
Todd are they still gonna make the ET-73 or are they discontinuing it?
Gary,

ET-73 still available and I have plenty on-hand.  I'm selling them for $39.99 incl.shipping.

TJ

Ok you have plenty but are they still going to make them?

Gary,

I emailed my Rep and Yes, Maverick is still making them.

The ET-73 is still a great thermometer

Todd

Gary,

I emailed my Rep and Yes, Maverick is still making them.

The ET-73 is still a great thermometer

Todd
Yup, like Todd said---The ET-73 is great!

The only weakness the one I have has is shooting through my steel front door, and the only place I have near my chair in the living room puts that steel door between my chair & my MES 40. My MES 40 remote control doesn't have that problem. I understand the new ET-732 doesn't have that problem either.

My choices:

Move my chair, TV, and my lazy butt to other places.

Get an ET-732. *****

Hmmmm,

Bear

After reading all the mixed reviews on the ET 73, I have been holding off until something better came along at a reasonable price.  Could this be it?  I will be watching for further reviews on this product.  Thanks, Todd.

Todd,

I see that Todd alreay responded.  I'd like to add to his post.

The 2 Maverick Models, ET-73 and ET-732 are awesome tools for us smokers.  The reason is the two temperature probes AND the alarm settings.  The dedicated pit probe has 2 alarms ( too high and too low).  This is what those of us cooking with wood/charcoal need because the fire can be out of spec either way.  This thermometer will tell you for both conditions.  A regular oven thermometer will only have 1 alarm setting.   The Maverick meat probe does only have one setting, but that's all you need to know it's done.   Also, the Mavericks have a timer built in with an alarm.  Very useful to remind you to add wood/charcoal or to baste/mop.   The timer can either count down from a set value or count up.  If a value is set, it will count down to the alarm and then start counting up automatically.  That way you know how overdue you are from the alarm.

The 732 incorporates most of the critical functions that we users wanted from the 73.  1, better range and 2, a tell-tale to indicate if the receiver is not talking to the transmitter.  That's the biggest shortcoming of the 73 is that if it's out of range, it simply displays the last known temp readings.  You might think the smoker is cooking along nicely and the pit temp is way off.

That being said, Todd is right, the 73 is STILL a great instrument.

I don't know this for sure, but it's my guess that the revised model number came from the idea "ET-73, version 2"  -----> ET-732.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky