Here is a lost post on my Masterbuilt Gas Smoker Modifications: I started messin with my Masterbuilt the day I got it. First thing I did with the help of this forum is switch from Propane to NG. I picked up some castors and mounted them on the legs so I can roll this thing around without lifting it up. I picked up the idea for extra insulation from a post and decided to add it to the MB. My smoker is single wall metal construction. I took hardibacker board and cut it to fit each outside wall and top. If you wanted more insulating value you could take it right to the edge. I wasn't really having a problem holding heat at the time, but now that winter has set in I think it has really helped me keep my temps without having to crank it up all the way. I had some problems with the wood chip pan from MB allowing too much flame through the vents and catching my wood on fire. I messed with smoke boxes and tin foil but nothing kept the wood form igniting at some point in the smoke. That's when I added the smoke daddy. So far I'm pleased with it. It's a little stubborn getting started but once you get her fired up it provides lots of smoke. Now I'm thinking about adding some baffles to the bottom walls to help disperse the heat a little more evenly. I'm getting way too much heat along the walls and without foiling or rearranging some larger cuts of meat, I get some black edges. I don't want to have to open the smoker to rearrang so I'm going to try some baffles. Thanks for the thread. Lots of good ideas!