Masterbuilt Door Seal Problem on 40"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

space

Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
I think others were having the same problem, just wanted to mention it here on what to do.

If I partially close the damper I see smoke coming out by the top corner near the door hinges.

Also I noticed that on the bottom seal there is only one clip that looks like a nail. It does not stay in the hole. So the bottom seal just hangs and appears to turn when you try to close the door. I think air is getting in through the bottom. I bent the nail the opposite way and it is stayin in for now, but half hangs down too low.

I guess I should call for a replacement door.

Yes, you should if in Warrantee. I got mine and then had another problem with the flange or baffle at the bottom, it was hitting the drip pan. It was easy to fix from a tip here. I had already contacted Sam's and they are going to bat for me to get the newest version. I am waiting for a call from Masterbuilt Monday. I'll post the results.

Good luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky