Masterbuilt 7-in-1 Elec to LP conversion PICS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaysun

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Plymouth, Wisconsin
I finished my conversion from electric to gas on my Masterbuilt 7-in-1 smoker this weekend and wanted to share some pictures from the process.

I received this smoker as a gift about 4 years ago. I tried to make ribs in it and couldn't get the temp above 170* so I became frustrated and the smoker sat on my deck for close to 3 1/2 years before I decided to look at it again. I decided that I wanted it to be gas as the temp would be easier to control. After numerous google searches and reviews of posts on this site, I decided on an Afterburner gas burner from Alabama Metal Products http://www.gassmoker.com I spoke with Ed over there and he was extremely helpful with understanding what I needed and getting me the perfect set-up for my situation. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Ed again as his customer service is second to none!! After installing the Afterburner Mini-V in my smoker, I was able to maintain 215* - 220* for a good hour and a half before I shut it down. I will get some grub in this smoker as soon as possible and display the results, but for now, I'm extremely pleased with the direction this conversion is heading.

Here is the Masterbuilt 7-in-1 electric that I modified

Here you can see the electric element in the bottom portion of the smoker

The bottom has a raised portion that the pan under the element sits on

Here is the Afterburner Mini-V. Noticed it is tapered and has a rolled lip around the top edge. I plan to simply cut a bigger hole in the bottom of the smoker and let gravity hold this burner in place with the rolled lip inside the newly cut hole

Here is the burner in the newly cut hole. I am still able to use the legs that came on the smoker.

Notice the fancy can holder feature of the Afterburner, for holding wood

Looks like a great mod congrats on a fine job!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky