Master built Castors

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bamafan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 4, 2008
Crestview Fl
I bought my master built a week ago and used it once with decent results on ribs. I want to put castors on it so I can roll it around. The new ones have #10 metric bolts on the feet amd I can't find castors to fit where I'm at. I remember a post that said they were 3/8" but the new ones are for sure #10 metric. I have a set of old castors and I'm going to TIG a set of # 10 bolts to them with a nut threaded on to level. Just thought I would put this out there for any one wanting to know the bolt size. If your not sure take one of the feet off and take to the hard ware store and match it up.

I too am interested in attaching casters. Right now I have been using one of the 4 wheel square wood dolly's used for moving furniture. I works ok for now.

Fishawn, I was going to do the same thing and build one out of scrap 3/4" plywood I have around ,but I still needed bolts to mount it. I'll let you know how it works. The castors are cheap ones from harbor frieght. 80 cents each for the 10MM bolts @ Lowes. I didn't feel comfortable with the smoker on the wood as I use it on screened in porch for the weather. (Florida to you never know when the afternoon showers are going to hit) Sunshine state right!!!!!!Think I'll get a scrap piece of metal from work to roll it on also when I use it on the porch. I have out door carpet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky