Maryland smoked meat lover

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slabtastic

Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Baltimore Maryland
Hey everyone,

I'm Allen, 31 y/o male. I got into smoking last year after visiting Texas a few years earlier. Smoked meat isn't readily available around here so I started smoking on my own. I run a tailgate and love to grill so bbq'ing was the next progression.

I have a Char Griller Duo.. mainly so my roommate would have the gas side to use. 

I have a side smoke box on it and its done a pretty good job so far. I'm in the processing of sealing it up and moding the chimney tube.

I'm in the process of making my own Kamado style smoker and I'll post pics results, failures and success as it happens haha.

I've been to this message board before but only for quick tips. Now that I'm entering my 2nd smoking season I want to step up my game. 

I've only really done pork loin ribs, sausage and fish but I really want to do a brisket since that's what peaked my interest into smoking in the first place

Things I'm interested in here...

Temp control, (just read about the minion method) other Methods, rubs, charcoal sources, and meat sources. Especially if you're in the Baltimore metro area and have a butcher I'm interested. I have an Amish market i go to for ribs and they do have briskets occasionally but they are only open Thursday through Sunday. Working at night makes the Amish market difficult at times.

Can't wait to Interact,

Allen

welcome1.gif
  for rub's i really like Jeff's..im sure there are others that are just as good...but iots what i started with and still use.. i have tried others but my go to is his.. good luck!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes,

I Have a rub thats perfect for pork that I will post soon, but I want something for my beef. I'll def try Jeff's ive heard good things about that as well.

Also thanks for the butcher! Ellicot city is close and I will check them out for sure.

Welcome to the SMF!  I'm in Charles County and started smoking last year.  I too have the duo and an ECB.  I'm learning soo much on this forum.

Did anyone go to the BBQ fest on the eastern shore? I missed it again this year but its gaining a huge following.

JimF i went to that site and I will definitely be stopping by there soon.

Just a bit south of you in Calvert county.

For meat, it's hard to beat Sam's.   Ribs, briskets, butts, salmon....  I shop the one in Annapolis all the time.  Matter of fact, boutght one of each last weekend!

Wish I could go the BBQ contest, but visiting family over in O.C. that weekend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky