Marriage counseling

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richoso1

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 21, 2007
Wayne and I went in for counseling. The marriage counselor asked what the problem was, and I went into a passionate, painful tirade listing every problem we have ever had in the 43 years we have been married.

I'm sure I went on and on and on: neglect, lack of intimacy, emptiness, loneliness, feeling unloved and unlovable, an entire laundry list of unmet needs I have endured over the course of our marriage.
Finally, after allowing this to go on for a sufficient length of time, the therapist got up, walked around the desk and, asked me to stand, embraced and kissed me passionately as Wayne watched with a raised eyebrow. Of course, I shut up and quietly sat down in quite a daze.

The therapist turned to the Wayne and said, "This is what your wife needs at least three times a week. Can you do this?"

Wayne thought for a moment and replied, "Well, I can drop her off here on Mondays and Wednesdays, but on Fridays, I fish."

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky