Marks Feed Store - Clarksville IN

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

camping hoosiers

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
I stopped by Marks Feed Store today for lunch and came away somewhat disappointed.

I had a small rib basket of baby backs. No smoke ring... no smoke flavor. They were tender enough but no smoke. They had an ok sauce on them but without the smoke, whats the point?

My first clue was walking into the place and no smell of smoke at all.

I was surprised because folks in this area seem to hold this place in high regard. Which tells me that I hit it on a really off day OR some of the folks in this area just have not had real BBQ!
icon_smile.gif

Thats my new standard... If I can't smell the smoke by the time I walk into the place, then I am going to turn around and leave!

Hmm maybe they could toss a couple coals in the boiling pot with the ribs?? ;{)

Honestly tho...some of the commercial smokers that do a dang fine job... will not release any smoke. The only smell you'll get is from the food itself. The Southern Pride and the one BBQpitstop uses...Heydrich? or something..are that way. They actually have evap fans that kick in when the door is opened.

The Marks Feed Store in Valley Station used to smoke meat all the time . I don't live there anymore so i don't know what they do . They used to have a decent rib platter. but like i say its been about 6 yrs

I'm just across the water in Louisville and I have to say that I am not a fan of Mark's Feed Store. It seems to me that they rely more on their sauces to add flavor.

We used to eat there and it was fine... until I started smoking at home. Once you have tasted good smoky meat it's hard to go back to the status quo.

I am new to smoking, but my pulled pork has been coming out great and once you look at the savings, it's reallt a no brainer. I can feed my family pulled pork for a week for what it would cost to feed 2 people at a resturaunt.

Oh, and can you see me posting a pic of my meal at Mark's on SMF? I think not!
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky