Mark 24 Tigerfish Torpedo BBQ Smoker

Discussion in 'Smoker Builds' started by bbq pits by klose, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Your Gonna LOVE this one. [font=&quot]BBQ Pits by Klose Mark 24 Tigerfish Torpedo BBQ Smokers[/font]

[font=&quot]Well, as it turns out, we have just completed the first of two 18ft 2 ton Torpedo BBQ smokers, and now it’s ready for paint booth finishing. An automotive high resin Black with reducers & hardeners, then four clear coats with resin to look 3D effect.[/font]

[font=&quot]Weight: 3950# and 18 1/2 feet long by 2 foot wide[/font]

[font=&quot]I expect after we finish filming our BBQ TV special we will add one of them to a Mobile Trailer with a polished Stainless Steel floor, add-on equipment, maybe even a roof, with a ¾” Granite 3 ft tall Plaque to our Military. The Torpedo’s are 24”, reduced the last 7 foot from 24” to 6”, with dual SS Scorpion Propellers that turn at 80 revolutions a minute. We added a smoke generating machine for the Hollywood stage, to produce smoke & cavitate 20ft behind the Tubes by wireless trigger.[/font] http://www.bbqpits.com/Mark24_Tigerfish_Torpedo

2. OMG!!!!!  What can you say after seeing that!   (other than   W A N T !!!!!)

3. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

That is one cool looking smoker.. man that is going to turn some heads [​IMG]

4. jdt

jdt Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

very cool but I hate to think of the price, their 24 x 48 can get into the five grand range with options so I would bet this is gonna be twenty grand, the biggest Klose I have ever seen was over $32,000 with options, its the only pit I have ever seen that was as nice looking as a jambo.

5. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Very cool....and if the judges don't vote the way you want them to you can threaten to torpedo their car! lol

6. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Cool smoker butt............

7. try this one!

well I was gonna post the continental airplane pic,

but today I don't have permission to atttach photos anymore. worked yesterday.

???

8. Actually the MK.24 is (was) a real torpedo, used in the late 50's and on into the 60's.  The MK. 24 replaced the steam powered MK. 14 & 16, and the 24 was replaced with the MK. 32, and just before I got out of the Navy the MK. 42 was in limited service.    TM/3  USN  1967 - 1971.