Marinading multiple briskets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

t242fish

Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Johnstown, Ohio
The last holiday of summer and the last country block party for the season are about to pass. I have been called upon to smoke brisket for the the PARTY!

This is the second time I will fill the racks of my big block with 50 Lbs (four 12-13 lb. packers cut ) of brisket.

I like to do the marinade thing before the rub and finding containers that are capable of holding the big pieces of meat, and fitting in the fridge are sometimes tough.

Today, I cut the end of the vacuum sealed bag, poured the marinade in the bag, and resealed the bag with my food saver on the seal only setting and placed in the fridge on a cookie sheet. Now I can take them out every few hours, mix the marinade around them, and not make a mess! ( My Wife thinks this is a good to thing, and it just might save my life!)

Cheers

Dave

Here ya go Shane

1 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon kosher salt 2 teaspoons black pepper

I Don't Know if you can taste any of this after they are dried, rubed and smoked but it works for me.
601a89ad_vbattach10945.jpg

Dave sometimes the simplest ideas are the best. :D

Now I wonder if someone could use an injector and just pierce the bag & duct tape the small hole if they didn't have a sealer?

Hey Bob

I tried that a few smokes ago. It would of worked but the marinade that I make has minced garlic and and pluged the injector up.

The next step was a small slit in the bag, pour the marinade in the slit and seal it with cooking duct tape! ( My wife did not know that they made such a thing) :D

The tape didn't seal very well and moving the briskets around made them leak.

Ya know for those that donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have a foodsaver machine…Ziplock has those 2 gallon zip freezer bags now (box is like $4.50 for 12). They measure 13"x15 5/8". I use them for brining pork loins for 5 days for canadian bacon. Never had one leak yet, and I do have a Foodsaver machine, they are great but that material is expensive! Course itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s always a good idea to put those bags in some kind of tub in the fridge. If one of my bags ever leaked out in her fridge, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]d be singing tenor! LOL! :oops: :roll:

Carl

I did not know that Ziplock made such a thing. That size bag would be a great thing to have around the kitchen. I'll have to keep my eye out for them.

As for using the food saver, I was able to use the vac bag that the brisket came in. I used paper towels to dry the area that I sealed.

Thanks For the info!

Dave

Thanks for the recipe. I have honestly never heard of anyone marinating a brisket. I've done lots of them but it's nice to have something on the "to-do" list.

I notice in your smoker,is that a homemade box for your wood, looks nice and deep to hold some nice size chunks.

That is the cast iron box with out the lid on, that came with the smoker. The model that I have is the 3605BGD Big Block. If I fully load it with dry wood chunks, it will last about 3 Hours.

I add more wood chunks during a smoking using my trusty silicone gloves to handle my Big Block's smoker box. Works great and after using the silicone gloves for three different smokes I see no signs of damage to the gloves.

cascade.......whats wrong with water in a water pan........?

need to know.......cause i will be using a water pan on my brisket smoke this weekend

Wd

Ziploc also makes different larger size bags. The huge ones aren't really for cooking; you could actually put a couple pillows in the largest one but the intermediate size ones work well for brining turkeys and large cuts of meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky