Marinade Chicken???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vandman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
San Antonio, TEXAS
Going to do some drumsticks this weekend but i have never smoked chicken..... Should i marinade the chicken or can i use the same ol pork/beef rub?

Suggestions????
icon_smile.gif

Thanks

Personally I don't brine chicken legs but thats me. Often I use Jeff's rub on chicken just much less of it.

weber makes a pretty good commercial chicken rub and i have also used byrons butt rub with real good results.would not marinade just because i dont think it would make much of a difference to waste the time and marinade

I love them simple salt and pepper and sprayed along the way with stick of butter, 1/4 BR sugar, 8 shots worchestershire, hot sauce to taste, sqeeze of lemon and garlic powder.

quit spraying for the last 20 minutes or so so the skin will crisp up.

cheers

One of my favorite things to smoke on the ECB is teriyaki marinated thighs.Interesting flavor the sweet marinade with the smoke and the skin seems to stay softer without the rub.I buy 16 thighs at the local club store for $4.00 marinade overnight , cook them all at once and have very popular leftovers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky