• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Marianski's site has updated some recipes to P.G.I. regulations

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 16, 2016
Thanks Keith. Glad to see this. Was bummed this info was not in the yellow book.

indaswamp

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
Thanks Keith. Glad to see this. Was bummed this info was not in the yellow book.
I have been having to go to the source-the Consortium of each region- to find the info. But it is in Italian so have to google translate.

indaswamp

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
There are over 1000 dried meat products in Italy. Most are regional and not widely known. Much harder finding info on a salami if it does not have P.G.I. status.

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 16, 2016

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Nice catch! I am going through his recipe page pretty often but missed this one. Thank you!

indaswamp

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
zwiller zwiller : if you are going to make that recipe-do not use that much ground clove or cinnamon. Those spices are meant to steep in the wine and filtered out for an infusion. If you use that much ground clove and cinnamon in the meat paste, I guarantee it'll be too much. Use the same amount of whole cloves in grams and break of a peice of cinnamon and weigh it.

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Wow that’s quite the list of delicious sounding sausage and salami.
indaswamp indaswamp , that salami d ‘ oca di mortara (goose) is right up your alley.

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 16, 2016
Yes, but they have both hot and mild Calabrian pepper.
Excited as I am HUGE fan of chili powders. GREAT info on the cinnamon and clove. THANKS. White pepper and not black right?

This is what I got.

amazon" style="width:120px">

indaswamp

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
Excited as I am HUGE fan of chili powders. GREAT info on the cinnamon and clove. THANKS. White pepper and not black right?

This is what I got.

amazon" style="width:120px">

Unless the recipe specifically states to use white pepper, it generally means to use black.

Tutto Calabria is a well trusted brand.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.