• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Margherita Pie - Sour dough #2

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks fantastic!!
Al

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Looks good from here Dave! I would eat it! I like doing mine around 475-500.

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
I like doing mine around 475-500.
I think my old oven ran hot. this one being new is likely more on point. more test pies needed :)

the new one also has a "Stone" mode which seems to cook much more evenly and not torch the bottom as much too...learning curve.

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 4, 2009
Looks great Dave,

I use a baking steel and always set my oven to 500˚. A little burnt on the bottom is how all the pizzerias do it so you are spot on.

Nice looking pizza, and a Like!

John

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Looks tasty!! I need to get the cart fixed on my Kamado so I can fire up some pizzas outdoors.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Margherita pizza is my favorite! Nice job! We got a new oven recently and I almost feel like I forgot how to cook! Lol. Completely different but I'm adjusting.

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
We got a new oven recently and I almost feel like I forgot how to cook! Lol. Completely different but I'm adjusting.
Totally! I hadnt really given this a consideration, but its a significant adjustment here too.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.