Maple Wood ???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerkyaddict

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 13, 2008
new jersey
i have been messin with maple flavor , maple sausage , maple bacon , maple biscuit's. wich maple tree are these flavored from ? we here in jersey have mostly red maple's wich i have heard can be a tad toxic ????
so what maple wood should i look for ?

did you do a google on smoking woods?

i was under the impression........a maple is a maple, like a apple is a apple.......i LOVE using maple wood

I am not positive, but I think you will be looking for wood from a Sugar Maple tree.

Maple works for me:-)

I have sugar maples around here and occasionally one falls or has to be cut. I like the flavor, its mild, but makes a nice smoke ring, and is plenty hot for cooking.

When I have oak, I will mix it in or even better apple:-)

May just have to add maple to my list...I see 8 lined up in my neighbors yard everyday.
icon_redface.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky