Making some sausage - Krakowska, Linguica, Extra Hot Italian & Italian Face Melters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Krakowska/Kielbasa or whatever the correct term for that mix in hog casing is, looks great. Smooth is a perfect description...JJ
Thanks! & smooth is exactly what popped in my mind when I tried it out 
smile.gif

B If you used Shannon's recipe I am confident the Krakowska is great. I have had it a couple times and look forward to making some next month...JJ
Yes I used Shannon's recipe & it is a good one! 
2thumbs.gif
  Thanks Shannon! 

I will keep my eyes open for that
smile.gif

I am cold smoking it. I was really pleased with how it turned out before so I am doing it the same way. Just in time too - I only have one little piece left!
Great! The fact that I really like Linguica, and that you can cold smoke it is why it's going to be my first try at sausage! Maybe I'll bring back some banana leafs with me from my vacation and do a real traditional smoke on the Linguica!

I gave the Linguica a nice 10 hour cold smoke.

Here it is after the smoke.

Closer view - the flash made it look much lighter than it is.

It smells great & I can't wait to try it tomorrow! 
biggrin.gif
So you sent some over night to Central Oregon right??  Cause you can't just claim it's good without an unbiased in-house judging panel
first.gif

So you sent some over night to Central Oregon right??  Cause you can't just claim it's good without an unbiased in-house judging panel
first.gif
After careful consideration & much deliberation I have come to the conclusion that it would be unwise to send some to you. Due to the weekend there is a good chance it would not arrive at your place till Monday. Upon arrival I would bet that you would try some & then the trouble would begin. Once you tried it all plans you previously had would vanish & instead of going on vacation you would instead spend that time feverishly making Linguica! This of course would create high levels of stress & turmoil with the rest of the family & I simply do not want to be responsible for creating this kind of chaos 
tongue.gif

Ok, so your life consists of going to the meat dept., preparing and smoking various sausages, and a little work in the wood shop to get by and buy more meat. Life is good :D

Last edited:
Reactions: joshpiper
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky