Maine State BBQ contest Aug 4-9, Eliot ME

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yankeerob

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Colchester, VT
Just over the NH border seaside is the Celebrate Maine Festival which includes a KCBS BBQ contest. We're vending 1 day and competing the next. Stop on by and I'll give you a lesson on how competition BBQ is done.

-rob

Check it out here:

http://www.celebratemainefestival.co...mpetition.html

Is it safe to assume we can drop in Saturday and buy something to eat then??? I've never been to one of these and I'm been looking forward to seeing how it's "really" done.

Were you guys at Harpoon last weekend??? If so, how'd it go? I was planning to be there, but life got in the way... (...again...)

With any luck I'll see you on the 8th

Yes,

we'll be vending Saturday and competing on Sunday. After the vending is done Saturday (around 5pm) I will begin meat trimming and injecting the brisket and pork. The meat will eventually be going on at 10 or 11pm or so.

-rob

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky