Maine Pork Loin with Qview!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billbo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 19, 2007
Upstate NY
Hi All! The family and I just got back from Maine visiting the in-laws. I was put in charge of my Father in law's birthday dinner. I got a pork loin loin and rubbed it with some sea salt ( I was in ME ), CBP, Paprika, Garlic Salt, & Onion Powder.

Luckily my FIL has a Weber kettle. I wanted to kinda slow cook but not too slow. We were at the beach all day so time was short. No time for a long one. Anyway I fired it up with the old electric starter my FIL had. Good laughing, sparks from his Cowboy lump were flying everywhere.

This was after an hour on. I put the mesquite chips up on the grate as I didn't want the fire getting any hotter. It worked just fine that way.

Off the grill with a nice bark. I was impressed by the bark I was able to get off the kettle in such a short time.

I cooked it at higher temps than I normally would but it came out good. Nice bark & juicy. Very little smoke ring but I didn't want too much mesquite anyway, just a hint. The family loved it and we ate the leftovers today on the ride home in sammies. A good smoke even though I was out of my elements!

Hope you enjoyed the Qview!

Nice, glad you could make do with the equipment you had.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky